Friday 20 January 2012

Liebster Award


Ooh - I have been given an award!
It's called a Liebster and was awarded to me by fellow blogger,  Vintage Jane.

So first of all Thank You Very Much to Vintage Jane, if you don't know her blog, check it out now, loads of great vintage finds and some of them are for sale!

I am flattered, it's always good to get positive feedback from other bloggers and readers with shared interests, this community has encouraged me to continue in an online exploration of the things that inform my work as a Costume Designer. 
Writing thoughts down, saving an article or considering an image helps me understand where I am coming from in my practice but blogging these items and discussing it online has added another dimension to this habit that is something different to notebooks, scrapbooks or sketchpads, hopefully it keeps those thoughts a little bit closer to the surface, ready. 

About this award:

The word “liebster” means favorite in German, and the Liebster Award is intended to spotlight up and coming blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
Upon receiving this Liebster Award, there are a few rules:

 1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
 2. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
 3. Reveal your top 5 picks for the award.
 4. Have faith that your followers will spread the word to other bloggers.

So the five blogs chosen by me to receive a Liebster are - 

 1. Ragtop Vintage - A fine blog and a cool shop. 
 2.  Ballyhoo Vintage News - More of the stuff I'd like to own...
 3. A Year in Charlie's Pocket - Ten year old Charlie's pockets are an inspiration.
 4. Folk Object - Makes me want to make things.
 5. Demolition of the Mildmay Hospital - The view from our balcony (this is not my blog!).