Thursday 2 May 2013


Two more from WiganWorld.

When I bought my first AppleMac I did it in order to jump onto the 'Information Superhighway' as it was called at the time.
The constant exchange of images and information that has unfolded since is incredible and for me, in costume terms, the most fascinating is usually the everyday, the mundane.
When I look at old family photographs of my own it's often a small domestic detail that arouses the most emotion; the curtains we had in the old house or the trousers my grandmother wore to cover her swollen, rheumatoid knees at a time when few women her age wore anything but skirts and dresses. These domestic, personal details which are not on show at a photographer's studio or a formal event are the notes we collect to aid and enrich the storytelling process of Costume Design.